- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1 cup diced plantain (filippino banana)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup of sweet rice powder
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca
- 1 cup of jack fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring the 4cups of water and coconut milk to boil.
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar and simmer.
- Then add sweet potatoes and plantains and simmer until half done.
- Add 3 tbs water to the sweet rice powder a little bit at a time until it becomes a big dough ball. Take a little of the mixture at a time and form into balls the size of hazelnuts. Drop the balls into the simmering mix.
- Add the cooked tapioca, sugar and langka. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.