My friend Gina is amazing- and once you try this spinach salad you'll see why. It's easy, you can prep it ahead of time and everyone (yes, everyone) loves it.
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- candied pecans (may substitute toasted slivered almonds)
DRESSING INGREDIENTS (enough for 2 batches of above salad)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard (powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- Put dressing ingredients into blender, and puree -- toss with salad Ingredients and that's it!
- Hint: You can prepare double the amount of the salad mix then save 1/2 the dressing and have 2 meals. This makes a great big salad.
- Hint #2 : Don't put the dressing on until right before you eat if you want it to stay crisp!