Recipe by Cowgirly
My friend Gina is amazing- and once you try this spinach salad you'll see why. It's easy, you can prep it ahead of time and everyone (yes, everyone) loves it.
Top Review by loof
This is a great fresh and delicious salad! LOVED the dressing and it went well with the other ingredients. I didn't use the bacon this time but will definitely add it next time. Thanks for posting this great recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- candied pecans (may substitute toasted slivered almonds)
DRESSING INGREDIENTS (enough for 2 batches of above salad)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard (powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dressing ingredients into blender, and puree -- toss with salad Ingredients and that's it!
- Hint: You can prepare double the amount of the salad mix then save 1/2 the dressing and have 2 meals. This makes a great big salad.
- Hint #2 : Don't put the dressing on until right before you eat if you want it to stay crisp!