Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy all in one meal!! My hubby loves it.. And can't get enough..
- 2 lbs potatoes, such as russet, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons butter, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 3⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, a couple of handfuls (or 1 can if your hubby is picky)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (I eye ball it)
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and fix as you would your normal mashed potatoes. I do cut back on the milk a little. You could also use instant if needed.
- While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan with beef . Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add chopped carrot and onion to the meat. Cook veggies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in peas.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly. Top potatoes with cheese and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until cheese is evenly browned.
This was a very good recipe, enjoyed making it, just doesn't fit with my diet on a regular basis. I do think it could probably use some more salt. Made for Spring PAC 2012
this was wonderfull!! thank you for posting this!! I will be waiting for more recipes from you.