1/1 Photo of Gina's Shepherd's Pie
Lil' Mrs. G's Note:
A quick and easy all in one meal!! My hubby loves it.. And can't get enough..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, such as russet, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or 2 tablespoons butter, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 3/4 lbs ground beef
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, a couple of handfuls (or 1 can if your hubby is picky)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (I eye ball it)
- 1Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and fix as you would your normal mashed potatoes. I do cut back on the milk a little. You could also use instant if needed.
- 2While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan with beef . Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes.
- 3Add chopped carrot and onion to the meat. Cook veggies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in peas.
- 5Preheat broiler to high.
- 6Fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly. Top potatoes with cheese and broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until cheese is evenly browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gina's Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 857.8
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 182.9 mg
- Sodium 656.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 51.0 g