Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is simply the BEST pound cake I have ever tasted. It is named after my co-worker's mother, whose recipe it is. This tastes even better after sitting over night. When I make these I use the disposable loaf pans.
- 1 lb softened imperial margarine (No substitues)
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla (I use a little more)
- 3 cups cake flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil 3 medium size loaf pans.
- In a large mixer, cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and flour.
- Divide evenly among the loaf pans.
- Bake about 1 hour.
- Cool completely and dust with more confectioners sugar.