Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from the Neely's on the Food Network.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, for 9-inch pie pan
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 9" pie plate with pie crust.
- To beaten eggs in a medium mixing bowl, add sugar and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix well (flour helps the pie to solidify). Then mix in vanilla.
- Spray a glass measuring cup with non-stick spray. Measure 3/4 cup dark corn syrup (the spray will allow the syrup to easily flow out). Add to the mixture.
- Stir in the bourbon.
- Spread pecans and chocolate chips in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Stir the melted butter into the filling mixture.
- Pour the filling into the pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minute until center is set.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack away from heat.
- Make whipped cream by beating cream with an electric mixer for a few minutes until thick and smooth.
- Add sugar and blend well, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in vanilla.
- Top each piece of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.