Recipe by JustGina410
This is my own recipe. I was so tired of leftover pasta that was dry! This is pretty saucy when it's first baked, so have some yummy garlic bread to catch every drop. The leftovers are delish! I don't really measure the peppers and onions, but I think the measurements are pretty close.
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta (can use whatever you like)
- 16 ounces Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package pepperoni, snipped with kitchen shears
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green pepper (I use a combo of colors)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (more if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (26 ounce) jarsragu chunky garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook Italian sausage with peppers and onion until sausage is browned, breaking sausage up with a spoon.
- In a large bowl, combine, sausage mixture, salt, pepper and spagetti sauce.
- Blend in whipping cream.
- Add drained pasta and mix well.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add pasta mixture and cover with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.