Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is the best soup to eat on a cold day to warm you and fill you up.
Make and share this Gina's Baked Potato Soup (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscampbells cream of potato soup
- 4 boiled and cut up potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 chopped scallions
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups milk
- Now you can make this low fat or even fat free but it tastes WAY too good with the fat.
- Add all ingredients to your warmed crock pot and stir in well.
- Let it cook on low for a few hours stirring occasionally.
I tried this recipe and totally missed the 2 cans of soup! It was just fine without! I used fat free milk - lowfat sr cream & 2% cheese to make it a bit healthier and added some crumbled bacon. Definitely will make again - maybe even trying it with adding the Campbell soup - maybe not!
I added 3 cups of frozen chopped spinach and lite sour cream. Very tasty and easy to prepare.
I added 2 more cups of broccoli, used light sour cream (only half the container) and added one more cup of milk (skim). I'm not a fan of plain boiled potatoes, so I pan fried with olive oil, garlic and onions before putting them into the crock pot. With these changes, I felt a little better about the healthiness of the dish and overall it was a pretty satisfying soup.