Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the ultimate gin and tonic - the way it's supposed to be made.
Make and share this Gin & Tonic recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 ounces good quality gin (I like Tanquerey, 1 1/2 jiggers)
- tonic water, good quality
- lime wedge
- crushed ice
- Fill double old-fashion glass with ice.
- Wipe lime wedge around the rim of the glass.
- Gently squeeze lime into glass and leave in glass.
- Pour gin into the glass.
- Fill with tonic water.
- Here is the secret. DO NOT STIR! The essence of both gin and tonic mingle when you sip and it makes for a much fresher drink.
Quality gin (like the Tangurey) makes all the difference between a good gin & tonic and a not so good one.
YES! Just the way we like 'em!! Skipped the lime this time in hubby's, although I like it in mine. Used Quintessential London Dry Gin; would also be great with Hendrick's and a cucumber spear. Right on the money--DO NOT STIR!!! Thanks for sharing!:) Becky