Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This "tipsy tomato" soup was adapted from a recipe from Le Pavillon at The Four Season's Hotel in Vancouver, BC. A very rich and special souper soup!
- Combine tomato, garlic, thyme, paprika, sugar and Tabasco in a blender and puree.
- In a soup pot, sauté bacon until crisp, drain on paper towels.
- Add butter to pan with bacon drippings, melt butter, add mushrooms and sauté until golden.
- Add gin and bacon, stir, add tomato sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cream, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Absolutely superb! It has been served at two small dinner parties and is a huge hit. Many Thanks. Cnd-Tom Kenora ON
This has turned into one of my all time favorite soups!