Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This gin slush is a tradition in my family; I've modified my SIL's recipe to this one, which I prefer. It keeps a long time in the freezer and serves a crowd.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 (12 ounce) canfrozen pink lemonade
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups strong tea (not herbal, use regular orange-pekoe)
- 1 (40 ounce) bottle gin
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients and stir well; put the lid on.
- Freeze for a minimum of 24 hours.
- This makes a slushy drink; it won't freeze solid because of the gin-- serve 1/3 slush and 2/3 Wink (a grapefruit pop); use 7-up or Sprite if you can't find Wink.
I made it last year for my Christmas supper. Everybody loved it, they drank it all. I am going to make it every year for that occasion.