Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the perfect gin and tonic.
- Pour the gin in a highball glass filled with ice.
- Add the tonic water; stir.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon in the drink.
- **The correct proportion is one measure of gin and two of tonic.
- Use fresh tonic water from a small bottle or can.
- Do not drown the gin.
Okay, I'm revising my review and adding a rating. I hated it the first time, but I made it with diet tonic water. It was my first taste of tonic, and I nearly wrote it off forever! Yuck! However, I tried it again with regular tonic water and found it to be very good, indeed! I enjoy it with a slice of lemon, but I also tried it with a splash of Rose's sweetened lime juice and found that to be very nice, as well. Funny how this has gone from something I thought I'd never try again to my new regular cocktail!
Exactly the kind of directions I wanted. This 1 to 2 mix will allow me to mix up a batch.
yum yum! I always make them a bit 'stiffer' (closer to 1:1), these are lighter and better for a hot summer afternoon. Thanks.