- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and lightly flour a 8 inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat the egg into the butter mixture.
- Add the caraway seeds.
- Fold in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the milk and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.