Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
The Gilroy Garlic Festival, held each July in California, is a wonderful event! The aroma alone makes your mouth water. This recipe is from the website "Food Guy and Marcy". I have also used chicken in place of the beef.
- 8 bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 medium onion
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 top sirloin steak, grilled and sliced thin (about 3/4 pound)
- 6 French rolls, halved, and basted with garlic butter
- garlic butter (recipe below)
Directions See How It's Made
- Garlic Butter: Cream 1/2 cup butter. Add 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced or pressed, and beat until fluffy
- In a skillet , sauté peppers, onion ,garlic and salt and pepper in olive oil until tender. Brush rolls with garlic butter and heat in oven , or toast lightly under the broiler or over the barbecue. Slice steak thin and place on the bottom half of a roll. Top with pepper-garlic mixture and the other half of the roll.