Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I think the name tells all! This is an overnight marinade and the chicken is grilled on the BBQ>
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed, or more garlic to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl, except the chicken, and whisk until well combined.
- Pour marinade over chicken pieces and allow to marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, prepare grill and cook over indirect heat for approximately 30-45 minutes until juices run clear.
Really good, but I would definitely increase the garlic by a lot!
My family felt this was bland and boring. It needs a huge bump in garlic as other reviewers noted. Disappointed as we were really looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing though.
I was looking to post this!----I've had this first-hand (and the festival is coming up, so we're revisiting all those foods at a preparatory dinner...!) and it's fantastic. I recommend at least 3 TBSP of garlic, but we like garlic :) I usually bake it at 375 til done, then run it under the broiler to crisp up the skin. Yummmm.....