Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
South Beach Diet Phase 2. This Tuna will make your mouth water. Grilled to absolute perfection and brushed with a sassy teriyaki-like glaze, this is a recipe that satisfies the whole family.
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tuna steaks (5 oz each)
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into spears
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine soy, sherry (or broth), ginger and garlic. Divide the marinade into 2 medium, shallow bowls.
- Place the tuna in one bowl and turn to coat.
- Place the mango and bell pepper ion the other bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate both for 15 minutes.
- Coat a grill rack or broiler pan rack with cooking spray. Pre-heat the grill or broiler to medium.
- Place the tuna, mango, and bell pepper on the prepared rack or pan. Discard tuna marinade. Grill or broil, basting occasionally with the marinade from the mango bowl, for 4 minutes per side or until the tuna is just opaque and the mango and bell pepper are heated through and glazed.