Recipe by loof
A tasty side dish from the Junior League of Wichita Falls TX - these are yummy! (cooking time includes marinating time)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Having grown up eating canned green beans, I'm happy to say that they are now a memory long past! So, although I pretty much followed your recipe, I did use some nicely steamed fresh green beans & went on from there to serve a wonderfully delicious side of this veggie! Definitely worth making again! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans
- 8 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 6 tablespoons vinegar, oil, onions, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse beans. Add to bowl of marinade and cover. Chill several hours.
- Combine chopped eggs, mayo, 4 teaspoons vinegar, mustard, and salt to taste in a medium bowl.
- To serve, remove beans from marinade and place in a salad bowl. Add crumbled bacon and top with egg dressing.