Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gilda means lollipop, and the classic Gilda is a simple assembly of a guindilla (Spanish chile pepper), an anchovy and an olive. The combination of good-quality pinkish anchovies, smallish, crisp, unwrinkled chillies and a freshly pitted olive produce a sophisticaded mélange.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces marinated anchovies packed in oil
- 10 ounces guindilla chilies, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 8 ounces pitted green olives
- Curl up each anchovy and thread it onto a cocktail stick, along with two or three guindilla chillies and an olive.
- Stack the gilda onto a plate and serve immediately.