Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Grandma (Gigi) received monthly recipe cards from the Montana-Dakota Utilies Co during World War II. This was a recipe from the month of "June" Year unknown. The comment on the card states: Food for Victory! Peanuts are about 28% protein.
- 4 1⁄2 cups peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 lb pork, cut in small pieces
- 6 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Brown meat in butter/margarine.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Serve on rice or toast.
This is delicious. This was served over dry chinese noodles.It was quick and flavorable. I also put a little ginger in the mix.