Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I am not sure who Gigi is but she sure caught my eye with this recipe! Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (marinade reserved)
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, rinsed,patted dry,crumbled
- 12 ounces kalamata olives
- 3⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallion
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- fresh basil, minced,to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place peppers on baking sheet.
- Roast until skins are black and peppers are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Peel off skin.
- Cut peppers in half, discard stem and seeds.
- Slice peppers thinly.
- Transfer to large glass serving bowl.
- Combine reserved artichoke marinade in measuring cup with enough olive oil to equal 1 1/3 cups.
- Pour over peppers.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Can be prepared up to 1 week ahead and refrigerated.
- Serve at room temperature.
This makes a wonderful antipasto platter for company. Everyone loved it and I followed the recipe to the letter. Great recipe, Kari.
I was really hesitant to make this for company without having tried it first. I never do that, but the good reviews convinced me it would be good. It was absolutely delicious and my guests loved it. I left out the mushrooms and used black olives instead of kalamata but otherwise made exactly as written. The roasting of peppers and chopping of ingredients was a little time-consuming but totally worth the effort. This is a very impressive dish for company, and I will definitely make it again. Thanks!
Wow! This is really good. I was just wondering what is the best way to serve this?? With crackers, or bread or maybe as a side dish? It was very easy to make and is quite mild in flavour. I expected more of a bite to this but like it better how it really is!