Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You may use nuts other than Brazil nuts if you wish. Green like the Evergreen and new as the New Year. During WWII, the Montana-Dakota Utilities Company published monthly recipes and at Christmas, sent out a Holiday menu. This is from my grandma's (Gigi)collection of recipes from them.
- 3 cups brazil nuts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- Cook sugar, syrup and salt slowly to 230 degrees.
- Remove from heat just before it forms a soft ball when tried in cold water.
- Add marshmallows and stir until they are melted.
- Add flavoring, coloring and nuts.
- Stir until nuts are coated and mixture starts to harden.
- Drop on wax paper and cool.