Recipe by Krsi Sue
"Rosy as Santa's Suit" During WWII, the Montana-Dakota Utilities Company published monthly recipes and at Christmas, sent out a Holiday menu. This is from my grandma's (Gigi)collection of recipes from them. Most of time is spent freezing the mixture.
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1 teaspoon gelatin, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries, cook for 5 minutes after they have reached the boiling point.
- Strain and cool.
- Add dissolved gelatin, orange juice, and rind.
- Place in mixing bowl and freeze until almost solid.
- Beat with mixer until light and creamy.
- Refreeze until ready to eat.