Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My Grandma (Gigi) received monthly recipe cards from the Montana-Dakota Utilies Co during World War II. This was a recipe from the month of "April" Year unknown. The comment on the card states: "Food for Liberty. Pork leads the list of meats as a health food"
- 5 pork chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup soft bread, torn up
- 1 -3 cup ketchup
- Season and brown pork chops in oil, salt and pepper.
- While pork chops are cooking, combine the remaining ingredients and place in the bottom of a casserole dish. Consistency should not be dry.
- Top with the pork chops.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.