Recipe by katie in the UP
I got this recipe from Rachael Ray's Everyday Magazine. Posted here for safe keeping!!
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the 2 1/2 cups flour with the baking powder and 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with 1/4 cup sugar and the remaining 1 tsp of cinnamon and set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the 1 cup of oil with the eggs, orange juice, vanilla and remaining 2 cups of sugar on med speed for 1 minute.
- Add the flour in 3 batches, mixing until just combined.
- Add the apples and stir to combine.
- Transfer to the pan, leaving about an inch from the top, bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for about 30 minutes before unmolding it onto a rack to cool completely.