1/3 Photos of Gifted Holiday Cheesecake
1 hr 40 mins
Layered chocolate & plain batter. One of my ideas for a holiday cheesecake... remember not to whip too much air into the batter, and don't peek in the oven while it's baking to keep a constant humidity.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml vanilla wafer crumbs
- 118.29 ml chopped hazelnuts or 118.29 ml walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 680.38 g cream cheese (Philadelphia brand, full-fat)
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92-9.85 ml lemon zest or 4.92-9.85 ml orange zest
- 59.14 ml flour, scant
- 170.09 g semisweet chocolate (Ghirardelli)
- 29.58-44.37 ml light cream
- red ribbon
- gold chocolate coins (Alternate ( Can also try chocolate & white-chocolate shavings)
- nuts (same as nuts in crust) (optional)
- cocoa, for dusting (not Dutch-process)
- 1Take out all cheesecake filling ingredients to bring to room temperature.
- 2PREPARE CRUST:.
- 3Mix crust ingredients and press evenly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes at 325 degrees F. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 4PREPARE FILLING:.
- 5Decrease oven temperature to 275 – 300 degrees F. Place a pan of water on the lowest oven rack and spritz the top and sides of the oven with water.
- 6Slowly melt chocolate, mixing with just enough cream to make a smooth consistency (use only a few tablespoons of cream). Set aside.
- 7Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy on low speed. Beat eggs in, one at a time. Incorporate vanilla, lemon juice, and flour.
- 8Mix half the batter with the chocolate and pour into prepared pan. Layer the plain batter on top. Bake for about 1 hour, watching very closely the last 20 minutes. Turn off oven when the sides look firm and the center is still wobbly. Leave in the oven with the door slightly propped open until the pan is cool, and then transfer to the refrigerator. Flavors peak after about 24-36 hours of refrigeration.
- 9TO DECORATE:.
- 10Lightly dust the refrigerated cheesecake with cocoa powder. Top with nuts and then gold coins. Wrap the ribbon around the cheesecake to finish.
- 11Enjoy !
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gifted Holiday Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.3
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 210.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 7.6 g