1/1 Photo of Gift of the Magi Bread
1 hr 10 mins
Sweet Diva's Note:
Originally from Taste of Home. I make this during the Christmas Season - It's loaded with scrumptious ingredients such as coconut, mandarin oranges, dates, cherries, chocolate chips and almonds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 2Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas.
- 4Stir in the oranges, coconut, chocolate chips, 1/2 cup almonds, cherries and dates.
- 5Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- 7Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gift of the Magi Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2391.7
- Calories from Fat 953
- Total Fat 105.8 g
- Saturated Fat 57.7 g
- Cholesterol 333.5 mg
- Sodium 1719.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 352.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.8 g
- Sugars 222.6 g
- Protein 34.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: