Recipe by Lorac
This version produces yummy brownies that are more chewy and less cake-like than other "in a jar" mixes. This year I made a dozen jars for gifts!
Top Review by Chef Megan Dunn
This looks so good! I moved to Arizona about a year ago and my husband and I have just recently made some friends and I want to make a showing at my up and coming Christmas party and I think these will be PERFECT as gifts! Thanks for the idea!!!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
Ingredients to be added by the cook
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry jars and lids in the dishwasher.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a quart jar, pack firmly and brush residue off the insides of the jar with a pastry brush.
- Add cocoa, pack firmly and brush sides.
- Add sugar, pack and brush.
- Add chocolate chips and seal.
- Attach the following recipe:.
- 1 jar brownie mix.
- 1 cup butter melted.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9x13 inch baking pan by greasing and flouring.
- Place brownie mix in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Add butter, eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.