Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Gibson House was a well known restaraunt in the Bay area of CA in the 60's & 70's. The chef who created it said it was good on everything except strawberries!
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup parsley
- 1 green onion, coursely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, root peeled and grated
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil (use all canola or up to half olive oil)
- Put all ingredients in a blender, blend on high 1-2 minutes, enjoy this frothy green dressing which will keep up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
This salad dressing is really delicious. Love how the brown sugar balances the rice vinegar. Added just a touch more brown sugar than the recipe called for though. I can think of many more uses for this delicious dressing in addition to salads. And, parsley is such a healthy herb as well. Will definitely make this wonderful dressing again.
Very good. I added a bit of soy sauce to this, and found it to be just about perfect. Thanks!
This dressing complimented my greens and pear salad perfectly. Am grinning as I thought wow Packer colors. :). Thank you for momaphet for a great recipe.