Recipe by SiouxZQ
My husband brought this delightful recipe with him from Egypt. It is a quick and easy sandwich spread or it can also be used as a dip mix. We make this often since we both enjoy cheese.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
This has become my latest summer lunch addiction! Its fresh, cheesy, crunchy and easy to put together. I have also made it adding some dried mint and a small crushed garlic clove. Cannot buy Bulgarian feta cheese here, don't even know how that tastes or what texture it has, so I used the Greek feta that is readily available here and added olive oil to the mix.
- 8 ounces bulgarian feta cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 3 -4 pita breads, warmed and cut in half