Recipe by Maya's Mama
This is a breakfast appropriate dish. Or even brunch. serve with warm pita. I ate this alot growing up especially on a warm day. you will be surprised to see how well the cheese and watermelon complement each other.
Top Review by UmmBinat
I really liked this as a light dinner!!! Eaten with rice crackers to be gluten free it was enjoyed by both DD (toddler) and I. I won't make it for DH as I can bet it is not to his liking as fruit mixed with cheese doesn't look right to him. I used thyme as I didn't have all the ingredients in order to make zatar. I did eat the raggi (watermelon) separately but alongside and it did go well together with the feta cheese. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
- 2 cups chopped feta
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 watermelon (cubed)
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme (or zattar)
- 4 loaves pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- in a serving platter scatter the feta.
- layer the tomatoes on top.
- drizzle with a couple tbs of olive oil ( use more or less depending on your liking/ health consciousness)
- sprinkle with zattar or thyme.
- arrange watermellon around the cheese and tomato.
- warm the pita under the broiler (care full not to burn) for just 2 minute.