Recipe by Pixie's Kitchen
This recipe goes with the Salt and Pepper grilled Turkey. From the Thanksgiving edition of Living 2007.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (homemade or low sodium)
- 2 cups water
- turkey neck, and
- turkey giblets, from salt & pepper grilled turkey
- pan dripping, from salt & pepper grilled turkey
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, hard cooked and coarsely chopped
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring stock, water, and turkey neck and giblets to a boil in a sauce pan. Reduce heat, and gently simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into a clear measuring cup or a gravy separator, and let stand until separated, about 10 minutes. Pour off fat.
- Pour broth and giblets through a fine sieve, discarding solids. Return broth to pan, add defatted drippings, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Place flour in a heatproof bowl. Whisking constantly, pour in 1/2 cup boiling-hot broth mixture until it forms a paste. Whisk paste into remaining broth in pan, and boil for 3 minutes. Stir in eggs if desired and season with salt and pepper. Gravy can be refrigerated airtight for up to 3 days; reheat before using.