Giblet Gravy (Frances Virginia Tea Room)
- 3⁄4 cup turkey fat or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups turkey stock or 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large eggs (hard boiled)
- turkey gizzard
- turkey liver (from turkey)
- salt and pepper
- yellow food coloring
- Melt fat. Blend in flour. Add stock. Stir constantly until thick. Grind or finely chop eggs and giblets. Add to gravy. Taste. Season with salt and pepper. Add few drops of yellow color.
- Tea Room Notes: The yellow color makes the gravy more attractive and seem to taste richer.