2 hrs 30 mins
This is a light gravy. If you wish to darken gravy add a few drop of a commerical product such as Gravy Master, etc. You can also brown the flour in a fry pan before making slurry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole onion
- 1 whole carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 chicken neck
- 1 chicken gizzard
- 1 chicken heart
- 4 cups water
- 1When you put the chicken in to bake, start your chicken giblet stock in a medium pan low heat.
- 2Simmer for 1 1/2 hrs.
- 3Drain broth and reserve.
- 4Discard vegetables.
- 5Pull meat off the neck and chop fine.
- 6Trim gristle from giblets and chop fine.
- 7Chop heart into fine pieces.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Return stock to saucepan& add onions.
- 10Set aside.
- 11Add S& P to flour and whisk in water to make a slurry.
- 12Set aside.
- 13Remove cooked baked chicken from roasting pan.
- 14Let chicken rest under loose foil for 20 minutes.
- 15Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into a grease separater cup.
- 16(Spout on bottom, lets juices pour out while leaving grease in order to discard.) Pour degreased pan dripping back into roasting pan.
- 17Add stock, onions and onion powder to roaster pan.
- 18Put on a burner (low heat) and stir the bottom well to loosen any roasty bits sticking to pan.
- 19When heated through and simmering, turn heat up slightly.
- 20Stir slurry well and add slowly, whisking all the while.
- 21Cook for about 10 minutes or until gravy is thickened.
- 22Add meat.
- 23Taste for S& P.
- 24Heat through and serve.
- 25Be patient as this takes a bit of time.
- 26Serve over sliced chicken and mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giblet Gravy for 12
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.1
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 65.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.8 g