Recipe by Shellbelle
This recipe is from Rural Arkansas magazine, November 1982.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
I made this with the neck and giblets from our Thanksgiving turkey and it was GREAT! I've never actually chopped the giblets and added them to my gravy before, but I will be doing it from here on out! Thanks so much for posting. This one is a keeper!
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- chicken giblets
- turkey neck
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water; add giblets, neck, celery, and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until giblets are tender; strain, reserving giblets.
- (Do not add seasonings; the bouillon will have yielded enough.) To thicken gravy, combine flour and a small amount of cold water; add to broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Dice giblets and stir into gravy before serving.