Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Rural Arkansas magazine, November 1982.
Make and share this Giblet Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water; add giblets, neck, celery, and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until giblets are tender; strain, reserving giblets.
- (Do not add seasonings; the bouillon will have yielded enough.) To thicken gravy, combine flour and a small amount of cold water; add to broth.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Dice giblets and stir into gravy before serving.
I made this with the neck and giblets from our Thanksgiving turkey and it was GREAT! I've never actually chopped the giblets and added them to my gravy before, but I will be doing it from here on out! Thanks so much for posting. This one is a keeper!
I made this last Sunday with a Roasted Lemon Chicken and it was the best giblet gravy I have ever had. Thanks for posting. Great recipe.
My husband used this recipe for thanksgiving this year. It was wonderful. I doubled the batch and now that the little bit of leftover is gone I wish he had made more. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe.