Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have to eat lots of this at Thanksgiving, often just soaking it up with rolls and I am a happy camper!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery
- turkey giblets, and neck (that came in the turkey)
- 1 (20 ounce) package chicken gizzards
- 1 (20 ounce) package chicken livers
- 2 -3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 eggs (optional)
- Place giblets, onion, and celery in large pot.
- Cover with water plus extra.
- Bring to boil reduce and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove giblets and chop (place livers into dressing ONLY if so desired) Put giblets and neck meat back in pot.
- Once turkey is done remove to platter and cover to keep warm, pour dripping into pot put in eggs and let low boil for 10 minutes remove eggs crack, peel and chop up place chopped eggs back in pot Add 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes.
- Thicken with cornstarch and water if desired.