Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Something our family has used as long as I can remember, my daddy makes this every year.
Make and share this Giblet Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Wash giblets and neck place in med. sauce pan (except liver), celery, bay leaf, onion, carrot, salt & peppercorns along with water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, covered 2 1/2 hours or until tender. Add liver and simmer about 15 minutes longer.
- Strain broth add water to make 5 cups.
- Chop giblets and set aside.
- Use turkey drippings along with the flour to make a smooth roux.
- Brown it slightly over low heat.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Return it to boil, reduce heat simmer for about 5 minute stirring.
- Add giblets, salt & pepper simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced eggs.