Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from one of my food mags several years ago. (I believe it was Bon Apitite)The prep time includes boiling the stock and giblets. I usually serve Honey-Brined Turkey with this, as was suggested in the magazine. You can find the recipe here in the "Zaar". That turkey and this gravy are delicious served together!
- While your turkey cooks, place giblets in large sauce pan.
- Add 6 cups water, 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, carrots, onion, celeryand bay leaf.
- Simmer over medium heatuntil stock is reduced to around 3 cups.
- (about 2 hours) Strain the stock into a bowl.
- Chop giblets.
- Set aside.
- Melt 5 T butter in large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 5 T flour and whisk 2 minutes.
- Gradually add turkey stock, cream and up to 1 cup of turkey pan juices.
- Simmer gravy until desired consistency, whisking occasionally.
- Add chopped giblets.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.