2 hrs 5 mins
I got this recipe from one of my food mags several years ago. (I believe it was Bon Apitite)The prep time includes boiling the stock and giblets. I usually serve Honey-Brined Turkey with this, as was suggested in the magazine. You can find the recipe here in the "Zaar". That turkey and this gravy are delicious served together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1While your turkey cooks, place giblets in large sauce pan.
- 2Add 6 cups water, 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, carrots, onion, celeryand bay leaf.
- 3Simmer over medium heatuntil stock is reduced to around 3 cups.
- 4(about 2 hours) Strain the stock into a bowl.
- 5Chop giblets.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Melt 5 T butter in large heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- 8Add 5 T flour and whisk 2 minutes.
- 9Gradually add turkey stock, cream and up to 1 cup of turkey pan juices.
- 10Simmer gravy until desired consistency, whisking occasionally.
- 11Add chopped giblets.
- 12Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giblet Cream Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (2752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.0
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 277.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g