Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Simplify Your Life by Elaine St. James - Healthy, filling, and delish. You can double this recipe and freeze them when they've cooled. They are as good as fresh from the oven after being microwaved for 30 seconds on high.
- 532.32 ml oat bran (not bran flakes)
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml chopped almonds
- 59.14 ml shredded coconut (optional)
- 59.14 ml sugar or 59.14 ml real maple syrup
- 295.73 ml nonfat milk
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites if you'd rather)
- 2 large overripe bananas
- handful raisins or blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Puree wet ingredients.
- Mix puree into dry ingredients.
- Stir in raisins, if using.
- Fill muffin tins.
- Add blueberries by hand, if using.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes, or until tops are brown.