Recipe by ctrmom
from Simplify Your Life by Elaine St. James - Healthy, filling, and delish. You can double this recipe and freeze them when they've cooled. They are as good as fresh from the oven after being microwaved for 30 seconds on high.
- 2 1⁄4 cups oat bran (not bran flakes)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites if you'd rather)
- 2 large overripe bananas
- handful raisins or blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Puree wet ingredients.
- Mix puree into dry ingredients.
- Stir in raisins, if using.
- Fill muffin tins.
- Add blueberries by hand, if using.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes, or until tops are brown.