Giavourlakia Avgolemono (Lamb and Rice Meatballs)
- In a large bowl mix the meat, rice, onion, parsley, dill, oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix very well and shape into 1" balls.
- In a large pot add the stock or water along with the butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the meat/rice balls and cook at a simmer for about 30 minutes.
- If the soup is too liquid, take the flour and 1 teaspoon butter and mash together, add to the soup and simmer 1-2 minutes , this will thicken the soup.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and add the lemon juice, and slowly trickle 2 ladle full of broth to temper the eggs (beating constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.) Add to the soup.