Recipe by Haversac
I modified this just a bit, to make it even better!
Top Review by Dwynnie
I had this salad without the chicken (the original Giada recipe) and it was great!!!! I really like the addition of the extra 1/4 cup pine nuts (it did need them) and the chicken would make it more of a "meal" salad. This is definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 cups fresh arugula (or spinach)
- 3⁄4 cup cubed ricotta salata, toasted in a little
- olive oil, till golden (or feta cheese crumbled)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted* (* or use 1 cup Salad Pizazz Cherry Cranberry Pecano)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken (cubed, sliced, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta well and drizzle the pasta with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, and set aside to cool.
- Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Serve.