I modified this just a bit, to make it even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 1/4 cup
- 2 cups fresh arugula (or spinach)
- 3/4 cup cubed ricotta salata, toasted in a little
- olive oil, till golden (or feta cheese crumbled)
- 12 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted* (* or use 1 cup Salad Pizazz Cherry Cranberry Pecano)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked chicken (cubed, sliced, etc.)
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- 2Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Drain pasta well and drizzle the pasta with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, and set aside to cool.
- 4Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 5Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giatta's Tri-Colore Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 461.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: