Recipe by katie in the UP
I've been experimenting with this for some time. We love it!! The veggies sometimes vary according to what is available. Time is preparation of veggies only. We love this on sandwiches. 1 cup poured on cream cheese makes a great appy also!!
- 1 large zucchini, small diced
- 2 poblano chiles, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 banana peppers, diced
- 1 small cauliflower, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 5 -8 serrano chilies, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pods
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all chopped veggies into large glass bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt, stir well.
- Refrigerate for approximately 12 hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- Whisk remaining ingredients and add to veggies.
- Cover and leave at room temperature for 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 24 hours, I refrigerate in mason jars.