Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another great recipe from Very Best Baking - it's made with Nestle Turtle Candies
Make and share this Giant Turtle Treasure Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 turtles candies, cut in half, divided
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in nuts. Turn dough onto sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- DIVIDE refrigerated dough into 8 equal pieces. Return 6 pieces to refrigerator. Working with 2 pieces at a time, form each piece into a ball; place each on a separate sheet of plastic wrap. Using lightly floured hands, flatten balls into 6-inch circles. Lift one circle with wrap and invert onto ungreased baking sheet; peel off wrap. Arrange 10 Turtle halves on top of circle. Cover with second circle; peel off wrap. Press edges together gently to seal. Repeat with remaining refrigerated dough and remaining Turtles halves to make 3 more cookies.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Cut each cookie into 8 wedges.