1/1 Photo of Giant Swiss Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
From canadianliving..com This makes 15 very large cookies. If you'd like smaller cookies, reduce chocolate to 6 oz (175 g) and cut into sixty 1/4 inch chunks. Roll dough by rounded 1 tbsp into balls and press chocolate chunk into each. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. This will yield 60 cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chocolate bar between triangles into 15 large pieces and set aside.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
- 3Beat in vanilla and salt.
- 4Stir in flour and cornstarch.
- 5Knead gently to bring dough together.
- 6On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 15 inch log.
- 7Cut into 1 inch thick rounds.
- 8Place, 2 inches apart, on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- 9Press 1 chocolate piece, flat side down, into each round.
- 10Press dough to surround and overlap chocolate edges.
- 11Bake in 325F oven until golden (22 to 25 minutes).
- 12Let cool for 10 minutes and transfer to racks and let it cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Swiss Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.5
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.0 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Toblerone chocolate bars