Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
From canadianliving..com This makes 15 very large cookies. If you'd like smaller cookies, reduce chocolate to 6 oz (175 g) and cut into sixty 1/4 inch chunks. Roll dough by rounded 1 tbsp into balls and press chocolate chunk into each. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes. This will yield 60 cookies.
- 400 g bar Toblerone chocolate bars (or any Swiss milk chocolate with honey and almond nougat)
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- Cut chocolate bar between triangles into 15 large pieces and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Stir in flour and cornstarch.
- Knead gently to bring dough together.
- On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 15 inch log.
- Cut into 1 inch thick rounds.
- Place, 2 inches apart, on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Press 1 chocolate piece, flat side down, into each round.
- Press dough to surround and overlap chocolate edges.
- Bake in 325F oven until golden (22 to 25 minutes).
- Let cool for 10 minutes and transfer to racks and let it cool completely.