A lovely filled cookie from an old newspaper clipping. Roll some out for your family gatherings or for story time with a glass of icy cold milk. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lb fresh plum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1To make the filling: Place plums, sugar and butter in saucepan; cook over low heat until juices flow.
- 2Heat to boil; simmer 3 minutes or until plums are tender when pierced.
- 3Add cornstarch/water mixture and cook until mixture is clear and thickened; stir in lemon juice and set aside to cool.
- 4Sift dry ingredients together.
- 5Cream butter and sugars.
- 6Beat in eggs and vanilla; stir in sifted dry ingredients.
- 7Chill dough one hour.
- 8Preheat oven to 400F and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 9Roll dough on floured board to 1/8" thickness; cut into 3 1/2" circles.
- 10Work with only a portion of dough at a time for ease of handling.
- 11Cut a 1" hole in middle of half of the circles.
- 12Put 2 tablespoons plum filling on center of the other half of the circles.
- 13Top with holed circle and crimp edges decoratively with a fork.
- 14Arrange on a cookie sheet.
- 15Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- 16Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden; cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Sugar Plum Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.1 mg
- Sodium 300.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g