This is a nice salad to serve with fish or chicken. I sometimes grill the mushrooms and slice them up, I add some toasted pine nuts and some sauteed panchetta as well. Original recipe from Rachel Ray below. If you can't find portobellos you can use the small mushrooms.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- extra virgin olive oil, for liberal drizzling, plus
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, a couple of sprigs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced stale chewy bread
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, from the heart with green tops very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- couple handfuls flat leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small chunk parmigiano-reggiano cheese, to shave on salad
- 1Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat.
- 2Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over 4 mushrooms and season with rosemary and salt and pepper. Grill 5 minutes on each side then remove from grill.
- 3While the portobellos cook, cut the remaining portobello into 4 thick slices then thinly slice each piece across. Mix the shaved fresh mushrooms with bread, tomatoes, celery, onion and parsley and dress the salad with the juice of 1 lemon and about 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Toss and season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4Top grilled mushrooms with mounds of the salad and shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Stuffed Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: