Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are easy and delicious cooked outside on the grill. The stuffing stays moist. Serve on a bed of lettuce for an attractive appearence.
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (, with tops)
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the egg, stuffing mix, mushrooms, beef broth, green onion, parsley, butter, and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- Combine meat and salt.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Pat each half into an 8 inch patty on sheets of waxed paper.
- Spoon stuffing over one meat patty to within 1 inch of the edge.
- Top with 2nd patty, peeling away waxed paper.
- Seal edges of the meat together.
- Invert meat patty onto a well greased wire grill basket, peeling away the last piece of waxed paper.
- Grill over med heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn and grill until done.
- Cut burger into wedges.
- Served with warm catsup if desired.
I did a couple of things differently I made individuak stuffed patties they were lovely, tasty & moist., I sauted the mushrooms in the butter and added 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce before combining the stuffing ingredients . Not being BBQ weather I pan fried. They were suberb. Thanks Karen for a keeper