3 hrs 15 mins
Haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds absolutely divine!! I think I would have to add some garlic to the roasted veggies, though. Prep. time includes refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bottled balsamic salad dressing, divided
- 1 small eggplant, 12 oz. cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 yellow squash, 8 oz.,cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 5 small portabella mushrooms, about 3 inches wide,stems removed (8 oz)
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 round loaf crusty sourdough bread, 9 inch diameter
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In small bowl, combine black olives, capers, and 2 Tbsp.
- 3of dressing; set aside.
- 4In large roasting pan, combine next five ingredients.
- 5Add remaining salad dressing; toss to coat.
- 6Roast, turning occasionally, until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes.
- 7Let stand until cool, at least 20 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, cut top 1/3 from bread.
- 9Pull out bread in center, leaving 1/2-inch thick shell.
- 10Layer veggies in loaf, then top with cheese and olive mixture.
- 11Replace bread top.
- 12Tightly wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 13or overnight.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giant Roasted Veggie Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.2
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.5 mg
- Sodium 1136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 18.9 g