Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds absolutely divine!! I think I would have to add some garlic to the roasted veggies, though. Prep. time includes refrigeration.
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup bottled balsamic salad dressing, divided
- 1 small eggplant, 12 oz. cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 yellow squash, 8 oz.,cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 5 small portabella mushrooms, about 3 inches wide,stems removed (8 oz)
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 round loaf crusty sourdough bread, 9 inch diameter
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine black olives, capers, and 2 Tbsp.
- of dressing; set aside.
- In large roasting pan, combine next five ingredients.
- Add remaining salad dressing; toss to coat.
- Roast, turning occasionally, until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Let stand until cool, at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut top 1/3 from bread.
- Pull out bread in center, leaving 1/2-inch thick shell.
- Layer veggies in loaf, then top with cheese and olive mixture.
- Replace bread top.
- Tightly wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- or overnight.