Recipe by Terri Newell
I've had this in my Recipes To Try file for a long time, so I don't even remember where I got it. I finally tried it last week, and the whole family enjoyed it. It would be good for a party.
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger or 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 frozen cheese pizzas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cook and drain hamburg or sausage.
- Add onion, green pepper, mushrooms and oregano.
- Add half the cheese.
- Place one frozen pizza on baking sheet.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Put second pizza on top, cheese side down.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil, bake 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, bake about 5 minutes to melt cheese.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- I had leftover chorizo sausage, so I used that instead of hamburg. It was nice and spicy.